- Functional outcomes and complications following convertible primary total elbow arthroplasty: A single surgeon serie. Bhat M, Desai A and Patel
V. Shoulder and elbow 2021
- "The theoretical mortality risk of an asymptomatic patient with a negative SARS-CoV-2 test developing COVID-19 following elective orthopaedic surgery". Kader N, Clement ND, Patel VR, Caplan N, Banaszkiewicz P, Kader D. Bone and Joint Journal 2020; 102-B(9):1256–1260.
- “Arthroscopic stabilisation for shoulder instability ”. Fountzoulas K, Hassan S, Khoriati A, Chiang C-H, Little N and Patel V. J Clin Orthop and Trauma 2019.
- “Biceps tenodesis versus biceps tenotomy for biceps tendinitis without rotator cuff tears” Hassan S and Patel V, J Clin Orthop and Trauma 2019 10(2): 248-56.
- “Responsiveness of the EQ-5D-3L in elective shoulder surgery: Does it adequately represent patient experience?” Evans J, Dattani R, Ramasamy V and Patel V R, J Orthop Surg (Hong Kong). 2018; 26(2): 1-7.
- “Elbow hemiarthroplasty using a triceps-on approach for acute distal humeral fractures”. Phadnis J, Banerjee S, Little N J, Watts A, Hearnden A and Patel V R, J. Shoulder & Elbow Surg. 2015; 24: 1178-86.
- “Improvement in quality of life after arthroscopic capsular release for contracture of the shoulder” Dattani R, Ramasamy V, Parker R and Patel V. R. Bone Joint J 2013; 95-B: 942-6.
- “Blood loss and the need for transfusion after shoulder surface replacement” Singh V. K., Trehan R. J., Banerjee S, Bardakos N. V. and Patel V. R. Shoulder & Elbow 2013; 5(2): 100–105.
- “Venous thromboembolic complications in shoulder and elbow surgery: a systematic review” Dattani R, Smith C and Patel V. R. Bone Joint J 2013; 95-B:70-4.
- “Diagnosis of partial thickness rotator cuff tears: description of a new diagnostic sign and a review of the literature”. Dattani R, Patel V R. Shoulder & Elbow 2011; 3(3): 143–147.
- “Symptomatic coracoclavicular joint: incidence, clinical significance and available management options.” Singh V K, Singh P K, Trehan R, Thompson S, Pandit R & Patel V. Int Orthop. 2011; 35(12): 1821-6
- “The value of specific radiological features in the classification of acetabular fractures” Patel V, Day A, Dinah F, Kelly M and Bircher M. J. Bone Joint Surg.[Br] 2007; 89-B: 72-6.
- “Nonunion of the humerus after failure of surgical treatment: Management using the Ilizarov Circular Fixator” Patel V. R., Menon D., Pool R. D. and Simonis R. B. J. Bone Joint Surg.[Br] 2000; 82-B: 977-83.
- "Fixation of patella fractures with braided polyester suture: a biomechanical study." Patel V. R., Parks B., Wang Y., Ebert F. and Jinnah R. H. Injury 2000; 31: 1- 6.
- “Arthroscopic Subacromial Decompression: Results and factors affecting outcome” Patel V. R., Singh D., Calvert P. T. and Bayley J. I. L. J. Shoulder & Elbow Surg. 1999; 8: 231-7.
National multicentre trials (as principal investigator at recruiting site).
- “Arthroscopic subacromial decompression for subacromial shoulder pain (CSAW): a multicentre, pragmatic, parallel group, placebo-controlled, three-group, randomised surgical trial”. Beard DJ et al on behalf of the CSAW study group. Lancet 2018; 391(10118):329-338
- “Effectiveness of open and arthroscopic rotator cuff repair (UKUFF) : A randomised controlled trial” Carr A et al. Bone Joint J. 2017 Jan;99-B(1):107-115.
As member of Consensus Panel on Shoulder Arthroplasty monitoring
- “Core set of unfavorable events of shoulder arthroplasty: an international Delphi consensus process.” Audigé L, Schwyzer HK; Shoulder Arthroplasty Core Event Set (SA CES) Consensus Panel, Durchholz H. J Shoulder Elbow Surg 2019; 28(11): 2061-71.
Case reports, surgical tips, technical notes and correspondence
- “Avoiding shoulder injury from intramuscular vaccines” Behrens R and Patel VR. Lancet. 2021 Feb
- “Anomalous origin of the long head of the biceps from the rotator cuff.” Banerjee S, and Patel V R. Indian J Orthop 2015; 49(1): 105-8. (Case report).
- “Anatomical Reconstruction of Reverse Hill-Sachs Lesions Using the Underpinning Technique” Banerjee S, Singh V, Das A and Patel V. R. Orthopedics 2012; 35(5): e-752-57. (Technical description)
- “Calcification of the superior glenoid labrum.” Dattani R, Thompson S, Patel V R. Shoulder & Elbow 2011; 3(2): 109–110. (Case report)
- “The use of an arthroscopic cannula to remove bone screws.” Thompson S, Dattani R, Singh V K & Patel V R. Eur Orthop Traumatol 2011; 2:147–148 (Surgical tip)
- “An unusual cause of lateral elbow pain” Dinah F and Patel V. Journal of Shoulder and Elbow Surgery 2007; 16: e1-e3. (Case report)
- “Internal closure of portals in shoulder arthroscopy” Payne R and Patel V. R. Arthroscopy 2006; 22(3): 342. (Technical description)
- “Arthroscopic excision of a painful bipartite patella fragment” Azarbod P., Agar G. and Patel V. Arthroscopy 2005; 21(8): 1106. (Case report)
- “Trans-scaphoid trans-lunate palmar fracture dislocation of the carpus” Patel V. R. and Boardman D. Injury 2005; 36: 434-437. (Case report)
- “Locked Shoulder: An unusual late complication of the Bristow Procedure” Mellor S. J., Patel V. R. Journal of Shoulder and Elbow Surgery 2002; 11: 519-20. (case report).
- “Salvage of the head of the radius after fracture-dislocation of the elbow” Patel V. R. and Elliott D. S. J. Bone Joint Surg.[Br] 1999; 81-B: 306-8 (case report) and J. Bone Joint Surg.[Br] 1999; 81-B: 745-6 (correspondence).